LegacyGT.com

stock flywheel

does anybody know the measurments on the stock flywheels? like what is the bolt holes center to center? and how wide is the place were the preasure plate goes? i bought a spec stage3+ and it doesnt fit.:mad: the holes are about a 1/4 inch farther apart on the new clutch. so i dont know if the guy before me used a flywheel from a diffrent vehicle or if they boxed the clutch wrong.

Probably he used a wrx single mass flywheel or some lightweight
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Odds are the flywheel is for an 06+ WRX which uses a different clutch cover/pressure plate than the LGT. If your clutch is specified for the LGT, it won't work without a different flywheel. I just changed the clutch on my 06 WRX and swapped to a LWFW, but I don't have the flywheel handy to take any measurements.
It's cool; I'm with the band

So I've heard that LWFWs aren't good on these. Causes misfires and rough idle when cold. Any thoughts? And wuts the point of putting a wrx one in?

Based on what I've read, you don't have issues with misfires and CELs until you get down into the 10-11lb range for a flywheel. I went with the ACT Streetlite which comes in about 14.5lbs and haven't had any issues. The 05 LGTs had a dual mass flywheel (which weighs close to 30lbs) where the 06+ WRX uses a single mass (which weighs a little under 20lbs). So if you get a stock WRX flywheel, you get an OEM piece that is the equivalent of a LWFW.

More clutch options and no dual mass right Joe blow

This. Just as with everything for the LGT, there are fewer companies manufacturing stuff for them so prices are higher and there are fewer options. By going with an 06+ WRX flywheel, which literally bolts right up, you can now choose pretty much any WRX clutch option. I went with a South Bend Stage 2 daily clutch, but Exedy, ACT, Competition clutch, etc all have a number of options for pretty much any power level out there.

When would u b able to get measurements?

I recently moved to Michigan and the stock flywheel is still in Indiana at my parents' house in the shed somewhere. Earliest I'll be home is probably November. Try PMing one of the vendors and see if they can get those measurements for you.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived