LegacyGT.com

Stay away from Suburban Subaru in Charleston, WV

LegacyLove88

I hate to do this, but it's just gotten ridiculous. All I wanted was a 120k mile service and a compression test on my 05 LGT. That's it! I mean, I thought it'd be something so simple, but apparently it couldn't be further from the truth.

It started with me asking my gf to call Suburban Subaru while I was in the shower one morning. She's not an idiot when it comes to cars like most girls so she knows what a 120k mile service is. She called and asked to make an appointment. The guy at the front desk, named Greg, asked what she'd like. She responded with a 120k mile service. He then proceeded to act like he didn't know what that was and said they didn't do those there.... (A 120k mile service - a major service interval - not done at a subaru dealership? wtf?) She replied that it was listed on their website and proceeded to tell him exactly what it entailed. He said they wouldn't have anything like that until the 27th, and being as it was so far away, she decided not to set the appointment up at that point.

She tells me this after the shower and I'm like.. Seriously?? But being as it was $200 cheaper than Royal Subaru, I decided to trying another tactic to get around the front desk guy, who I was hoping was some new dude who didn't know all the service intervals yet... So I made an online appointment on their website. A day later I get an email from someone about setting it up. He tells me that they'd have the 20th available for the service. (Listed as major service 2 on the website which is the 60k/120k mile service). I reply with that's great, could I get a compression test done as well since the plugs would be out? He replies with something like, well we could do the lube and filter on the 20th, then a 24 point inspection on the 21st, but the major service 2 would only be done in a couple of weeks. These emails were in a series of about an hour or two btw.

I reply with, well I'll pass on the inspection and just lube and filter. I mainly just want the major service 2 and a compression test. No answer for a day after this message, so I email him back. Again no answer for a day. So I decide to call. Who answers the phone? Greg. Who was I emailing? Greg. So I mention I want a 120k mile service, and he knows what that is surprisingly this time around! And then the zinger... "Oh you're the guy I've been emailing right? Yea, those 05 GTs are a real issue to work on. That's why I've been avoiding you hahaha..."

What?

Do you not want to make money? Are you not a Subaru dealership that is supposed to specialize on Subarus? He continues on by saying that he doesn't have the means to do a compression test, which I'm sure was more bullshit he was trying to feed me. So I tell him to schedule me for just maintenance shit, like replacing my fluids.

After about an hour, I called the sales department to ask who the service manager was. Guess who?! Greg. So I asked if there was a GM in. Nope he'll be back next week. So I get on the website to check for some emails. Low and behold, guess who the "dealer principal" is? Here's a hint, she has the same last name as Greg! So I guess to SoA I go. Subaru dealerships shouldn't be denying Subaru's, plain and simple. It's a make that they "should" know in and out, but I guess that doesn't mean jack.

And so this is how I guess I'll learn to do my own car work...

Ok so the nagging question I have is, why would you even keep pursuing such an obviously incompetent dealership? After a single day of that I would have come to the decision that I would never want people like that anywhere near my car.

It sucks you had that experience, but it bewilders me that you'd keep trying with such an obviously horrible dealership for days and days on end.

Ok so the nagging question I have is, why would you even keep pursuing such an obviously incompetent dealership? After a single day of that I would have come to the decision that I would never want people like that anywhere near my car.

It sucks you had that experience, but it bewilders me that you'd keep trying with such an obviously horrible dealership for days and days on end.

I'd be asking the same question if I was on the outside, but after he tried to make a fool of my girlfriend, I decided to take the challenge and get him to truly show his inner lazy self. Hence why I went ahead and made an appointment I'm not going to attend.

So here are my reasons for "pursing" so vigorously:

-The first reason was because they were much cheaper, albeit a little further than the other local, incompetent dealership.

-The second conversation was to see if the first guy was just new and working the counter/telephone to get him some customer service experience.

-Upon seeing that this was truly just stupidity/laziness, I refocused my priorities to bring out the service manager of the year.

In regards to SoA, I think you're right... I'm going to just bite the bullet and warn others to beware. The dealership in question seems to be dying off and I guess I see why... lol

And I should add: This isn't a thread to nag on dealerships or this or that. The reason I made this thread is to warn future LGT owners in Charleston of this place, considering the service manager himself prefers not to work on LGTs. I was looking for reviews and only found some on NASIOC after the fact. Throwing one on here may deter the LGT owners from this area who typically on browse this forum.

Oh don't get me wrong i hate most stealerships. It just seems that dumbo the mgr probably isn't going to sweat you missing an appt. Hell it sounds like he'd probably forget about it (or tell you he forgot), and your conversations, while you on the other hand seem to have just wasted your own time and obviously frustration on someone who is clearly incompetent.

It's akin to screaming at a brick wall.

Oh it wasn't a waste of time at all! Haha, if anything I'm glad I had the experience: 1.) My car didn't get fucked up. 2.) I didn't have to pay for them to mess it up. 3.) I have a good enough experience to share with fellow owners who are looking for an honest review.

That 3rd reason being why I decided to make a post. I wanted to post a review of a service in the Mid-Atlantic Region for future LGT owners who may be curious about this dealership.

Archived