LegacyGT.com

people with leg gt (with compass mirror) & radar hardwir

I also just test drove a legacy gt wagon, and am planning on purchasing one. Like many of you, I have a lead foot, and this car seems to just want more. Upon purchase I plan on hardwiring my passport 8500 to this car, but I am wondering if any of you that have the compass mirror and the service manuals can tell if I can hook it up from the power the mirror uses? -thatericguy

It should be possible to tap off the mirror. I just glued a little piece of rubber nonskid stuff to the bottom of mine and it fits on the dash nicely, just to the left of the passenger side windshield wiper. It has a clear, unobstructed view and removes easily when parked. Just a thought... rimfaxe

I ran it from the Cig. lighter. Best to remove it when parked and also I sometimes drive in certain backwards-a$$ states where they are not entirely legal. Makes it much easier to quickly remove and store if I happen to forget when I cross the state line.... As I mentioned, just to the left of the passenger windshield wiper on the dash- nice clear view and the rubber grip stuff holds it on the dash pretty well. It does get hot in the bright sun though.

Archived