LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy GT

sir_rosso

I'm looking at getting an 06 Legacy GT gor my next car with about 36k miles. I've owned a 96 impreza couple years back, and have loved Subaru's ever since. Couldn't afford a turbo Subaru last time around and bought a 03 Jetta. Needless to say after 3 years i'm bored :D.

So my question is, what exactly should I look for? I know to look for the usual stuff like oil leaks and such. Should I insist on the replacing the banjo bolts? I know it still has the open warranty for the fan relay too. Also, not that it matters much, but it's at a Ford dealership.

Thanks in advance.

Other than the obvious visual stuff - you should def. look for a car with service records (regular oil changes and 30K service would be nice. With turbo cars you need some assurance that the fluids are being changed regularly.

Good luck!

Ahhh that's why. 6,000mi/yr for a car is nearly unheard of (though that's why my dad gets, since his commute is about 1.1 miles each way, apparently still too far for him to even consider walking down the street in this terrible LA beach weather :rolleyes:).

Nothing like having a $50,000 car and driving it 2 miles each day.....

It is pretty rare, which is exactly why i'm willing to get another car. The smart thing to do would be keep my current car, seeing how i'll be able to pay it off early come Spring. Buuuuut a GT with such low mileage at a good price hardly ever comes along. And trust me, i've been looking.

Hoping they have some kind of documentation on the history. Went to look at an 03 WRX that listed 30k miles. When I got there it looked like a weekend project gone wrong. The dealer even admitted it had closer to 90k, but the person disconnected the gauges while modding. He didn't know for sure the exact mileage. I just shook my head and walked away

Archived