LegacyGT.com

strange chatter noise and shaking 98 GT

Alright...

On my 98 LGT 5MT wagon...

So, I've been noticing a weird body shake developing lately around 58 to 62 MPH. The level of shaking at my feet had been somewhat related to the level of throttle input. I've also been hearing a strange noise, like clutch chatter around 4k RPM and higher under hard acceleration along with feeling this shaking at my feet. This shaking feels like the car is literally being shaken back and forth, left to right.

This issue has gotten progressively worse lately. It's to the point where I'm felling the shaking between 47 ish and 70 ish mph during normal driving. It's much worse than at first, and the harshness of it is still related to the level of throttle input.

Funny thing is... If I push the clutch in, pull it out of gear, or remove a load from the engine in any way, all the shaking goes away. So, these symptoms only occur under a load.

Starting yesterday, at slower speeds and lowers RPM levels, the vibration and chatter occurs.

I will be posting a sound clip soon.. Just as soon as I figure out how to freaking upload it.. It's an .m4a file from my iPhone. Does anyone know how to upload anything like that?

Archived