LegacyGT.com

Burn-Up Kit

GMFG

I personally love the burn up kit except for the spoiler, which no matter how much it looks like it fits the look of the other pieces, it doesn't look good on the car.

As for the conversion, I'll copy paste my quote from the official jdm thread on conversions for fourth gens, because I researched this pretty extensively, (and had some help.)

Here it is...

Most Complete Retrofit List:

Sedan 05-07 (Rev A-C)

JDM Bumper

Bumper Beam (or cut USDM beam)

Bumper Brackets

Shock Absorber

Fender Liners (or cut original liners)

Fog Lights (JDM brackets, DIY brackets, or entire assemblies cut out of USDM bumper.)

Sedan 08-09 (Rev D-F)

JDM Headlights (Optional: Headlight leveling switch and plugs. Plugs available at Toyota or Lexus dealer.)(Requires rewiring and soldering skills depending on which lights you want to use and because the JDM headlight wiring connectors are different from USDM.)

Fenders

Bumper

Bumper Beam (or cut USDM beam)

Bumper Brackets

Shock Absorber

Fender Liners

From Leke on the Rev D-F headlight wiring:

For the Rev D-F lights, the best thing to do is to take a battery harness and use the OEM (USDM) plugs as your means to activate the relay. The other (the wires that run to the headlights) terminals can then be modified to include the JDM plugs.

This method requires more work, but the overall result is much cleaner. You could easily permanently modify your stock wiring to work with the JDM lights. But doing this will make life difficult if you ever want or need to go back to a USDM setup.

The other part that requires thinking is the parking light and turn signal. On the JDM light they're different bulbs, but the USDM turning/parking light socket is integrated into one plug. Easiest thing to do here is to use the USDM plug as it is, but solder new wiring to the terminals where the bulb would sit. This requires a steady hand, as there is visually no space to work with. But, your parking light and turn signals would function as they would on the stock car. If you ever want to go back to a USDM setup, all you need to do is source a new turn signal/parking light socket.

Someone please add this to the first post!!!

BTW it's nice to see some more Legacy love in the military, I'm a Marine myself.

BTW it's nice to see some more Legacy love in the military, I'm a Marine myself.

the only good marine is a submarine

you have to expect it if you throw it out there

you can really do a lot with a bit of creativity, or just buy a car somebody else did all the work to like I did :D

I am a big fan of the STI style bumpers, and after hitting a deer, I do need a new bumper.

normal_EP022_069.jpg.50c428797e7b3989cb2688793d618418.jpg

So, busy in Afghanistan. I haven't been on here in a while. I still have no car, LOL. Still in Afghanistan, but soon I won't be. I also like the Gialla stuff. I probably will just go stock JDM conversion w/ lip and FMIC. Thoughts on this setup? Can Japanparts source me this stuff?

the only good marine is a submarine

you have to expect it if you throw it out there

you can really do a lot with a bit of creativity, or just buy a car somebody else did all the work to like I did :D

I am a big fan of the STI style bumpers, and after hitting a deer, I do need a new bumper.

Aell played. I'll give you points for creativity.

Japanparts.com can pretty much source any JDM part/accessory that you want (or see on their site :p), just keep in mind most things from japan come over here in a poorly packed shipping container, so dont expect pristine, expect a few bumps dings, and scratches.

Aell played. I'll give you points for creativity.

Japanparts.com can pretty much source any JDM part/accessory that you want (or see on their site :p), just keep in mind most things from japan come over here in a poorly packed shipping container, so dont expect pristine, expect a few bumps dings, and scratches.

Yes, that is to be expected. I almost lucked out and had a chance to move to Australia (still do, just not as financially viable as I would be comfortable with...) for school, which would have netted me an R33 Skyline GT-R:spin:. Would be awesome, but back OT. I want a car with relatively low milage, e.g. 75,xxx or less, which, puts me into the MY 08-09 range with the rare MY 05-07 range. Kind of screws me on the JDM bumpers. 5MT or 6MT if I can find a Spec. B. Any color for around $20k max some where in the neighborhood of November in the state of Colorado...I might end up with an STi in order to get everything I want. I am willing to travel as long as the car meets my standards/wants. Anybody want to sell me a car?

Archived