LegacyGT.com

I'm lookin' to buy a OBDII scanner...

^Check out out Mac's new scanner they have out.

http://www.mactools.com/flyers/USM_2013_02/index.html#/12/

Page 11 in the link

My buddy just ordered one for himself after the Mac tool guy brought one in. He said the thing is as good as the $2k+ scanners on the market.

I just bought a Bluetooth obd scanner off eBay and the torque app, but I can't get it to pair. I've tried every pass code I can think of and none work.

Have you tried 1234?

I have that clear blue mini ELM327 scanner, and I have to make sure that the blue LED is active to know that it is working.

yes, I tried 1234, 2345, 3456, 4567, 5678, 6789, 0000, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888, 9999. and I think the red led is supposed to be blinking, but it only flashes once when I first plug it in. who knows.

mine was 6789 even tho they said it would be 1234. does your phone see it in the device list when you make it discoverable? if you are seeing it, unpair and delete it from the list and try it again. sometimes they get corrupt data and lock in the list.

• 2 months later...

I've done some searching on the forum and haven't really found anything. I either missed it, or searched it incorrectly. Has anyone tried the OBDlink MX? http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

I've been thinking about getting a bluetooth enabled OBD2 scanner for Torque, and this one seems to be the fastest and most reliable. Anyone with experience with it out there, yet?

ok guys, what you guys went thru about pairing is EXACTLY problem I had when pairing. The SETTING screen shot on page 2 is STATUS checking only. On your Android phone, there are 4 buttons at the bottom: 3 bar, home, back, and search. Press 3 bar button to get to Settings, then select "Choose Bluetooth Device". This is where you need to do, CHOOSE your device first. But make sure to select Auto Bluetooth on too so next time it will detect same one. You only need to do this ONCE.

Then when you pair and it asks for 1234 password, your device will pair and don't have to do this every time, just once.

GET TORQUE

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p552/Taylor_Jay1/torque-2013-04-23_13-50-05_zps6ac45686.jpg(Tercel not Subie.. Why Maf is not working as it's MAP, and my acceleromator wasn't calibrated so the incline is off..) but it can tell you a ton more than my 99$ code reader ever did for me. Plus it can be used as a track cam if you mount it with the camera facing the windshield.. The OBDlink has a much faster refresh. my sensors aren't instantaneous there is probably a 2 second delay between refresh, the OBDLINK or OBDKEY can read SSM which is much faster than the obd2 of the 11$ adapter.

It can do things that require expensive scanners, its a 6 Dollar app, and a 11$ adapter off of ebay(Cheap route). Being able to view your short and long term fuel trims will mean more to diagnosing drive ability issues than any code will ever tell you.

get torque

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p552/taylor_jay1/torque-2013-04-23_13-50-05_zps6ac45686.jpg(tercel not subie.. Why maf is not working as it's map, and my acceleromator wasn't calibrated so the incline is off..) but it can tell you a ton more than my 99$ code reader ever did for me. Plus it can be used as a track cam if you mount it with the camera facing the windshield.. The obdlink has a much faster refresh. My sensors aren't instantaneous there is probably a 2 second delay between refresh, the obdlink or obdkey can read ssm which is much faster than the obd2 of the 11$ adapter.

It can do things that require expensive scanners, its a 6 dollar app, and a 11$ adapter off of ebay(cheap route). Being able to view your short and long term fuel trims will mean more to diagnosing drive ability issues than any code will ever tell you.

+1.

• 2 months later...

Archived