LegacyGT.com

VA used car lemon laws?

Microsoftie

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm trying to find information about virginias used car laws. I purchased a legacy two and a half weeks ago, clean carfax, clean inspection. Then today It started having issues.

I've been told that there is a 30 day return period, however the dealer refuses to do anything but fix it for me (at my expense).

does anyone know or have any exp with returning a used car?

thanks

Virginia's new car Lemon Law covers demonstrators and used vehicles that are still covered under the original manufacturer's warranty. It does not cover other used vehicles. However, there are several other types of laws that can be used to help you in the event you discover that you've bought a used car lemon. First, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has what's called the Used Car Rule that requires dealers to provide consumers with a Buyer's Guide with warranty and other types of information. If the dealer has in any way failed to abide by the FTC Used Car Rule, you may have the basis for a legal claim.

Second, each state has what are called Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) laws. If the dealer has, for example, made verbal promises or didn't tell you about issues relating to your used car, you may have a cause of action. Third, Virginia's version of the Uniform Commercial Code may provide you with relief. Finally, the Truth in Lending Act and the Federal Odometer Act might also be valuable in obtaining lemon justice.

What are all these issues and what are the specs of the Legacy?

Archived