LegacyGT.com

2012 impreza... anyone experienced one?

iv_05gt

So, I recently purchased my first eco box (still have my LGT). I bought a 2012 prius. and every day i drive it for work (48-52mpg average is sweet) i like it less and less.

The seats suck its caused my back to hurt)

The steering is way way to light. It's correct but just to much assist. (my biggest gripe)

Its got some spiffy features and the MPG is the tits... But I really hate the thing.

My question, Has anyone driven one? How are the seats, (are they at least close to comfortable as my 05 LGT limited?) is the steering reasonably heavy?

I'm planning on driving it asap.

I dropped off my LGT at the dealership for some "we owe" work to get done for a couple days. My parents were looking at new cars and I had convinced my dad that the way to go was a Subaru Impreza, but my mom needed convincing although she's was starting to become convinced too. So, I requested an Impreza.

The Impreza has a sportier ride quality than my '12 LGT (which is fairly soft/bouncey). The ride/steering feels closer to my old '06 Lancer Ralliart (tight and firm) than it does to my LGT. And for a 2.0 liter engine, the thing can accelerate if it needs to. I didn't drive it for long stretches of time, but it was pretty comfortable. The CVT was a bit different than I was used to, but the virtual manual mode was fun to play around with. Of course, the Impreza will also have some of the stuff that's in my '12 LGT: cold weather package, bluetooth, etc. Oh, and I hear it has AWD. I didn't really go out of my way to test how efficiently I could drive so I don't have any feedback on that.

My parent's ended up buying a sport model about a month ago and they like it a lot. Not sure what mileage they're getting compared to advertised; I'll ask the next time I talk to them.

I'm not as concerned about mileage as I was when I purchased the prius. I got a "promotion" and no longer drive 600-1000 miles a week so the benefit of the prius (as the company paid for my mileage which paid for fuel/car payment/ and insurance on both vehicles is gone. So now i'm stuck with a car that is a bit of a stretch to afford, is crappy to drive and makes my back feel weird. I drove the new impreza yesterday and really liked it.. But i'm buried and trading into a mid range impreza is going to keep my payments roughly the same.

Gotta figure something out :|

Archived