LegacyGT.com

NASA Northeast HPDE/Road Race/TT @ NJMP, Aug 3-5

AZP Installs

Just wanted to drop in here and let everyone know a bunch of us will be attending the NASA Northeast Race/TT/HPDE event Aug 3-5 at NJMP's Lightning Racetrack.

This is a great opportunity to get your car on track. *I've been instructing and road racing for 10+ years and all the hard work most of you put into your car to make it racier should be put to good use on the track.

The education of a HPDE is more valuable than almost all other mods put together. *As far as safety equipment there is absolutely no special safety equipment needed to do a HPDE event. *My only suggestion would be to make sure to have a good set of brake pads and a fresh brake flush!

Also NASA will be hosting a massive BBQ Cookout on Saturday Night. *This is going to be the track party talked about for years to come. *Additionally we have a guest group the Global Time Attack folks will be running with us at the event! *Some pretty wild cars in that group!

Hope everyone can make it down even if you just come to hang! Signup at http://NASANE.com

-mike

Newbies might be mislead by your statement that "no special safety equipment" is required. I'd at least mention the helmet requirement. It takes a bit of digging through the links you provide to come up with the required helmet rating and year.

To clarify...

For hyperdrive they have loaner helmets.

For HPDE, no special vehicle equipment is needed, typical autox helmet requirements are required, please see the NASA CCR for details.

For the BBQ there are no requirements.

I didn't realize we needed legal disclaimers on here.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just went down on Sunday as a spectator.

I was impressed with how many people were baking in the sun, sleeping in the parking lot, washing the dishes in the restrooms, wrenching on busted cars and had that smile on their face that says "Wow that was good!"

To say Rados car is :spin: insane :spin: would be an understatement.

Archived