LegacyGT.com

How is Fitzmall for out of state purchases

madcheeku

Fitzmall is giving a much better quote than what I am getting from my local dealer. But I am not sure how it is to buy from fitzmall...has anyone got some experiences to share? Do they ship the car directly to you or to a local dealer?

Also how does the service deal work with the local dealer. Can I just take the car to the local dealer or is there something else involved. Just not sure abt it.

Will I be charged tax on the purchase?I am sure I would be but not sure.

Can someone please give me some details.

Thanks

I had an absolutely AWFUL experience with FitzMall. I am in Richmond, VA and just drove up to Maryland to pick up my car.

I really really should type up the entire experience because I need to submit it to BBB and Maryland Auto Dealers Association. When I do I will post it up here, but in the mean time, feel free to give me a call and I will give you the full run down.

When I bought, it was cheaper than the best price I could haggle down to anywhere else - it was into the holdback price, but overall I don't know that the experience was worth saving money - lets just say that it involved salespeople insulting my mother.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

• 2 weeks later...
Well its been one day since I have had my GT and fitz mall sucks ass, went to the one in rockville md, 1st off I had a sales man already that worked at another fitz in md come with me for the sale, and they gave the sale to some guy that worked there because i spoke to him a few months ago, 2nd after taking delivery of the car that night I noticed this morning there are some scratches on the rear bumper so I go back there and they walk past and never notice them, 2nd when i point them out to the manager and the sales man they are like how didnt u notice them last night, im like its dark im tired and it was raining basicly....I mean im not asking for a new bumper im not being rude and only asking them to fix a less then 12 hr old car, come on now I think every one that has had problems with this place should rigth a letter to corperate and complain and get this fixed.
Mr.350

• 6 months later...

Well, instead of starting a new tread on an existing topic, search is your friend, I decided to add my comments to this tread.

I just helped my brother buy a new 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (loaded w/o leather, nav or sunroof) for about $7K below MSRP, their 'Internet' price. Now, I have known about the FitzMall site and their incredibly low pricing for a while, but before yesterday, have only used it as a price guide. Well, I took the pluunge yesterday with my brother's money. :)

I have to say the experience was very positive. I called to make sure the vehicle was still available, we looked at the car, my brother decided he liked it and he bought it. There was no haggling with the price and there was no problem with them honoring their internet price. There were no hidden charges and no problems with the financing because there was none. He simply wrote a check for the whole thing.

This can also be considered an out of state purchase since we live in VA and the dealer was in MD, though I work about 10 mins away.

Oh, one other thing, he had a trade in, his 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport with 140K miles. Edmunds priced it at $3750. Their appraiser even quoted $3000-$4800 as the blue book price, but ended up offering only $500 due to a transmission problem. We thought that was kinda bogus until I drove his old minivan to his home. I guess the appraiser was right, the car would not shift into overdrive, so I was running 5500 rpm down the highway at 65mph. LOL. Seems like my brother didn't know about it either since his in-laws mostly drive it to help out is wife's side business.

Hope this help other buyers considering FitzMall.com

Archived