LegacyGT.com

electrical HALP!

rockle3

LGT I come to you for help again.

I installed my VBG on Saturday with great success. In a hurry I tapped into the ignition fuse with a "add a circuit fuse" aka http://gtboostgauge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=15 and then grounded the gauge onto the chassis. Worked great for the night but the next day when I started my car the gauge wouldn't turn on. I checked the fuse and it wasn't popped so I had no idea what happened. Later that night I noticed that when I turned my headlights on the dimming feature around my car would not work. The stereo did not light up, my gauge cluster would not dim, etc etc. The head light indicator on my dash cluster wont even show but the fog light indicator will. Obviously the head light turns on with no problem. Today (Monday), I had the same problems but the ABS and TCS lights showed up as well. Keep in mind I touched nothing but the ign2 fuse just like this (http://www.wix.com/gaugetek/vbg1#!install/cke). I have no idea how the dimming and abs features got affected. I tried to detail everything that happened this weekend and if you have any other questions regarding my query please ask.

Thanks!

-Eli

CN: Installed VBG gauge -> led to electrical problems not related to the gauge...?????

little update.

I found that i reversed the order of the 2 fuses that were supposed to be in the "Add a circuit fuse." So I put them in the right order and the abs and tcs lights were off but the gauge still would not turn on. Furthermore, night time mode wasn't working either.

Next thing to check I guess would be all the fuses. I will do that after work. If any of you guys have ideas please shoot them over.

-Eli

Update #2.

I found that the ILM fuse was blown for some reason. I have no idea how it is connected to IGN2. I replaced it after work, and tonight I found that the fuse was blown again. So I replaced it for the 2nd time and it blew again after short drive. Finally I put another 7.5 amp fuse into the "add a circuit fuse" totaling to 2 7.5 amp fuses in the "add a circuit fuse." I will check tomorrow if the ILM fuse is blown again.

Also the abs and tcs lights just turned off. I have no idea why but they did. lossol suggested that it could be in black out mode but sadly it is not.

Finally, I checked all the fuses and all seemed to be intact except for the ILM fuse which blew multiple times. I am totally stumped on solutions.

Archived