LegacyGT.com

Warranty Issues & Problems fixed in 06?

boora

I am wanting a LGT pretty badly, but looking at some of the warranty issues (ie raddles, aligment problems, turbo lag, etc) I am concerned.

Do you know if some of the qualified "known" issues have been addressed in any way in 2006 models?

1 or 2 rattles that people have complained about can be fixed at the factory, but most of the time rattles are random and differ from car to car. If you get any rattles, just work with the dealer to get them fixed.

An alignment problem is not something that can be fixed at the factory. The alignment settings may and may not change when the car is being transported. I never had an alignment issue.

Turbo lag is not a warranty issue, test drive both the 5MT and 5EAT and decide which one you like more.

What you should be worried about is whether the 2006 models have the Studder issue fixed(ECU Reflash)? If you are going for a 5EAT, whether they applied the TCM Reflashes(Opie mentioned in the 'Studdering' fix thread') ?

I keed I keeed

:)

"Turbo lag" is not a problem, per-se - it's more a characteristic of all turbocharged cars, and manifests in all such vehicles to a certain degree.

The cure to turbo lag? Be in the right gear. ;)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Turbo lag is very mild compared to other cars. I drove a WRX back to back with a Legacy GT (bought the Legacy) and the WRX feels like two different engines below and above 3,000 rpm. Turbo kicks in with a bang. Legacy is much smoother, just a surge starting at 2,500 rpm. No rattles on mine after 17k miles and 13 months.

• 2 weeks later...

A "qualified" issue with the MY05 is the Automatic Climate Control; ACC. Its a mystery if the MY06 addresses the ACC shortcomings. The silence is deafening.

Cheers,

MS

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

My car was manufactured in 5/05 and I took delivery in late June. I have to say that so far I have had none of the "issues" people have typically mentioned.

No studdering

No rattles

No constantly running fans

No A/C issues (and it's been over 100 degrees here on and off since I got the car)

So either I'm lucky or Subaru IS listening...

It's the ACC system as a whole which is flawed, IMHO.

The pure A/C side of the ACC is fine in our cars and its been 95-100 degrees for weeks here too. Live with the automatic function; at any given time the temp can be searching or over shooting the desired temp by 10 degrees. But at extremes of temps of 100 its blasting cold air for sure..

SOA??? The silence is deafening. In a Autoweek owners Poll I wrote "how did this ACC make it to production". If MY06 production resulted in tweeeks to the ACC (how could it not) a Service Bulletin could be around the corner. Com'on SOA take charge!

Cheers,

MS

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

That's pretty cool...I saw your comments in AW, just before I decided to buy the car. Thanks for the honest review! LOL

I'll have to live with the ACC a little longer to see if I see a "flaw" with it, but so far it's kept me more than comfortable...Even yesterday in the heavy rain and 58 degree weather we had (I'm right next door to you in Denver).

It's been good at defogging my windows too when necessary. We shall see I guess...

Archived