LegacyGT.com

Which SCCA Class Am I In?

I'm trying to register for an autocross. The last two times I've done it, it was easy. The first time I was in a rented Toyota Yaris, so that was H-Stock. Then it was my Outback before I had done anything to it - so also H-Stock.

Now I've got swaybars, larger wheels, a rear strut brace... I know I can't be in the stock category. I believe I fit into the next-higher category which is Street Touring (I think.) However, I have NO ****ING CLUE as to which sub-category I fit in. I've been looking through everything, including the 2012 SCCA Solo Handbook and I still have no idea how to classify my car. Could someone who knows more about this stuff help me out? The possible categories are as follows (unless I shouldn't be in Street Touring at all):

Street Touring

Street Touring Roadster

Street Touring FWD

Street Touring C

Street Touring S

Street Touring U

Street Touring X

HELP! Do I just do "street touring" and not worry about the other options?

you are in "ST" (Street touring)

STR is for Roadsters (obviously)

STC is for small compact cars

STS is for older roadsters like 1st get miatas with open rear diffs

STU is for high power cars

STX is for moderately powered cars

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

you can also go to scca.com and get a full listing of cars and classes and mods allowed.

One other question, actually. So I have a girl co-driving my car. Does that mean we get twice as many runs total, meaning that most cars will be done and we will have a few more laps to do? So like I would do 3 or 4 runs, and then when most people are done, she will get her 3 or 4 runs too? How does that work, exactly? I just registered her with the same car info, and that's all I know how to do. How do they know who is doing which run?

it all depends on how your region runs their events. generally, if you get a certain amount of run per driver, not per car. For 2 driver cars, they usually line up in a certian spot in grid so they can alternate the 2 drivers during the heat do you and your girl take turns driving until both of you have had all your runs. Again, it really depends on how your region runs the events. When you show up, ask an event official what to do.

Archived