LegacyGT.com

What we expect form a vendor

After 16, 349 views of a certain group buy gone horribly wrong we all know what we don't want from a vendor. Why don't we mention what we do want so that vendors understand our expectations for promoting, selling, and delivering the products that they sell.

I do think that there are currently vendors out there that do provide a high level of service. I have purchased products form 4 vedors to date and have been very pleased each time.

Expectations:

- Do not publish product release dates until you are sure that you can meet them.

- If publishing performance data, then test the product on more than one type of dyno and publish befroe and after results.

-Allow time to test your products on several different cars to confirm proper fit and function before releasing them.

- If you reply to people on this or other Forums than do so on a consistent basis and not sporadically

- Provide confirmation and tracking numbers to customers for their orders

Other suggestions?

Check back on the thread once in awhile. I hate it when a vendor (not necessarily on this site) starts a thread and then doesn't come back for a week. Take some ownership of what you are offering and be available for questions.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

this is why i stay away from group buys,, most of em r nightmares.. i purchased a few items from group buys on my wrx and none of them came any where close to time and one item i had to get refunded after 6 months.. yuck

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't know about the rest of you, but one particular experience with 18K views made me a bit gunshy about dealing with anyone I haven't dealt with before.

Along the same lines, I like it when vendors actually ship when they get my money and not a week or two later. If you say you have it is in stock, please "really" have it in stock and get it in the mail.

I have used three of the vendors here and they have been great.

So here's what we have so far: Maybe this should be called "Vendor Code of Conduct"

- Do not publish product release dates until you are sure that you can meet them.

- If publishing performance data, then test the product on more than one type of dyno and publish before and after dyno results.

-Allow time to test your products on several different cars to confirm proper fit and function before releasing them.

- If you reply to people on this or other Forums than do so on a consistent basis and not sporadically

-Check back on the thread once in awhile. I hate it when a vendor (not necessarily on this site) starts a thread and then doesn't come back for a week. Take some ownership of what you are offering and be available for questions.

-ship when they get my money and not a week or two later. If you say you have it is in stock, please "really" have it in stock and get it in the mail.

Anything else to add? It doesn't need to limited to group buys.

Archived