LegacyGT.com

Stumble under low load. Fixed vac leak?

CDubbs

Warning: Super ugly LV.

I pulled the TMIC and looked for vac leaks. Found nothing obvious and reassembled with the same symptoms. Forgot to reset the ECU.

Two LVs posted, one prior to the reset, and one 40 miles after.

I have tried reading around and given the limited data, does this look like a post turbo boost leak?

I have a paper gasket on the turbo side of my TMIC and waiting for payday to order a "proper" one. Any input is [as usual] greatly appreciated.

First shot is pre-reset, second shot is post.

Mods:

2005 LGT LTD 5EAT

-Rebuilt EJ255 w/ Mahle 4032

-AVO TMIC

-Invidia UP/Catted DP

-Perrin inlet with Gray plastic test PCV connector thing and hose ziptied (retention, not zipped closed) behind the IM

-Dyno tune

-Replaced VF40 with VF46

-Speed holes

Unmodded:

Stock Fuel, paper filter, stock fueling / original injectors

64053596_LearningView_SS_7-6-201251103PM.jpg.dfea15f20d00f4d697d8798b8bce116d.jpg

801299906_LearningView_SS_7-6-201255248PM.jpg.0748435c91d967b3334c916f1d5948d2.jpg

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I don't believe an intake leak would cause maxed out negative trims like you're seeing all across the board... I'm taking a blind shot in the dark here, but leaky injector?

That's certainly a possibility. About how long would it take to pull all 4 for a weekend mechanic with a bad assortment of tools?

Edit: search worked, claims 30-45 minutes for a swap.

Never should have caved to the wife for a place with a one car garage and no basement. She wanted silly things like proximity to a grocery store and a "nice neighborhood"... :)

Does anyone know a particular vendor that has a good turn around on injector cleaning services? Doing some nat'l guard stuff for about a week and would be great if I could get them in under 10 days.

Shipping from Chicago.

Archived