LegacyGT.com

Buying L wagon help

Hey guys, new to the forum, done some looking around, don't see that many maintenance issues going on, which is good.

I'm very interested in a Legacy, wanted a GT, but I have a car that requires premium right now & I'm tired of paying for premium, so I want NA.

What should I be looking for if anything is a common problem & since it seems that most on here have the turbo, anything different on the NA that I should check for?

Also, how is the reliability of the drivetrain? What's the maintenance on it? Do U-joints go often? I am slightly mechanically inclined, I do my own oil changes, I can do my own brakes, etc. I've been driving a pos 93 Probe for the past 9 years & have seen & had many problems. I want something a lot more reliable.

Welcome to the boards! Not sure what the mileage/$$$ equivalent US to Canadian is, but I bought my 05 GT Wagon 2 years ago for roughly $12K US. I bought it with 69,000 miles on it and currently have 109K. Not sure of any particular issues with the NA cars, but I've had issues with my car - nothing crazy though. Get the Carfax - talk 'em down and enjoy the car!

Well according to bluebook & another search on the canadian sites, it is priced well. The only thing that wasn't done were plugs, which are just about due.

Ok, sounds good, the only problem with it is a bit of a lack of power!!!!!

I don't know how many miles you put on your car per year, but paying for premium fuel doesn't end up making much of a difference. I'm just throwing out numbers, but if you drive 12,000 miles per year and get 24mpg, that is 500 gallons of gas per year. At a 30 cent increase for premium fuel, that works out to $150 per year. $12.50 per month. If you're spending over $400/mo on car payment and insurance, does $12.50 really make a difference if it means driving a car that is more fun?

Well here in Canada, it's 18 cents a litre. Also, I have to put 94 & it's not at every station. Sure, I could get a L GT and put 91, but it's still 12 cents more. I've had enough & just want to put regular.

Archived