LegacyGT.com

Debadging

i've had my car for about a year and now i decided to do the debadging.....im just wondering if a year later its going to leave a darker shade of paint where the letters were?

park it with the rear facing the sun and it should warm up more than enough so that you wont need a hair dryer.

if you have problems peeling off the letters -- use a piece of floss or fishing line to get behind the letters and go back and forth in a saw like motion.

depends on how poorly you treat your paint. IF you never wash or wax it, you might have some shading.

I debadged my WRX after a year and a half of poor weather and not caring for the paint. Took the badges off with fishing line and used mineral spirits to remove the left over glue. I had to buff the area to remove the shaded " S U B A R U"

Just finished removal of the rear badges via the "park in the sun & dental floss method" Worked great and the glue rolled away using a thumb. Dam the 99 degree weather in Denver today.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Archived