LegacyGT.com

Hows it looking?

LegacyDan

After being cooped up for the last week after surgery i decided to go for a nice drive and grab a few logs while out. Im still waiting to get tuned finished locally but he is pretty busy and hard to get hold of.

Weather and traffic permitted a few pulls:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq6uGIEHhB_KdFdrSENMTVpJd3hRTlp3TUZGYlhNeEE&pli=1#gid=2

I see a small bit of knock high up and some cases where injectors are maxed out apart from that im not sure what im looking at. Im currently stage 3 with vf36 setup and stock intake(cosworth panel filter) and stock fueling

Boost seems to come on a bit later than it should for vf36, where peak boost is after 3.5k

Learning view also looks weird, leak test recently showed all good so not sure what needs to be done

I could probably do with getting better logs going forward! any parameters i can loose or important ones im missing?

1331117561_LearningView_SS_02-07-2012211046.jpg.679e6ebfd75aa3ad34e0bae92e3a6194.jpg

Your AF trims indicate either your MAF is waaaaay off, or you have a pretty big leak in your intake. I didn't even bother looking at your log. Your tuner should be fixing this.

• 1 month later...

if only there was some decent subaru mechanics in this country i would have this sorted a long time ago but unfortunately i have to figure this out myself! i was asking around where i can get a boost leak test done and places thought i wanted a leak down compression test done on the engine!

Point me in the direction of what lines i need to check? All new pipework since installing grimmspeed EBCS last week, ill check line coming off BOV, the turbo inlet pipe connections. after that im at a loss. maybe my stock bov is leaking under boost? i think i do have one of those boost leak testers but have never been able to use it properly myself to check for leaks

i think i found the issue, decided to work the way around the engine bay securing all vaccum/boost connections with cable ties and hose clamps, seems like the underside of the hyperflow tmic outlet onto throttle body hose wasn't seated in properly, ill take it off and remount things and hopefully that would explain the LV issues im seeing?

looks like the stock throttle bosy hose doesn't want to play nice with my hyperflow tmic and seal properly, keeps popping out at the bottom. Need to get a silicone hose for this or just bite the bullet and switch to fmic sooner than planned

Archived