LegacyGT.com

need some fog light help!!

i have yellow fog light film (lamin-x) and 3000k piaa bulbs also. but i think the bulbs are burning the film, so now i have brown spots on the film. should i just get new film, paint them, or just keep the lense clear. i'm not removing the bulbs. any help would be appreciated. i want a deep yellow look to them

• 2 weeks later...

i just got yellow film put on my fogs and loved the look i got. I have yellow luminic bulbs in but didnt have the deep yellow look at all. I had almost no yellow look at all but after i got the film done they looked great. Just lastnight though for the second time i noticed the film was starting to smoke and now i thin i need to take the film off. Like you i want to find a way to get the yellow look back without burning anything.

Before my lgt i had a 97 civic coupe with depo fogs i used yellow tint paint on and it worked great and looked great! But the problem i have with the LGT is idn how to get the fogs out without taking the front bumper off and if i have to do that idn how to take the front bumper off lol. Overall i guess im saying if u can get to it do yellow fog tint paint. Amazon it!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/octashroom/010.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx348/octashroom/apple002.jpg

• I Donated Too
i just got yellow film put on my fogs and loved the look i got. I have yellow luminic bulbs in but didnt have the deep yellow look at all. I had almost no yellow look at all but after i got the film done they looked great. Just lastnight though for the second time i noticed the film was starting to smoke and now i thin i need to take the film off. Like you i want to find a way to get the yellow look back without burning anything.

Before my lgt i had a 97 civic coupe with depo fogs i used yellow tint paint on and it worked great and looked great! But the problem i have with the LGT is idn how to get the fogs out without taking the front bumper off and if i have to do that idn how to take the front bumper off lol. Overall i guess im saying if u can get to it do yellow fog tint paint. Amazon it!

I used the stain glass paint method myself plus yellow fogs from candelpower. There are a few ways to go about this without bumper removal.

First way is to simply pop out the fog light surrounds and carefully spray the lenses.

Second way would be to pull the housing out completely. If you do a search for foglight removal/install, you'll find pics of how to do this. I'm too lazy to spell it out. lol

i pulled my film off since it was developing brown spots (from burning, i guess) and with only bulbs, it doesn't appear yellow enough, but it shines yellow on the ground. i also have paint, but it seems a bit irreversible if i decide i don't like it or if i make a mistake. the directions are in japanese lol and i don't have spare lenses... and you don't need an hid kit when you have piaas. they are really bright.

to get to the fog light housing, just pop out the screw on the splash guard, pull it out of the way, and on the side (facing the the other fog light) of the housing, there are two bolts. (10mm) unbolt them and slide the housing out. it's much easier than removing the bumper. i removed the bumper on my first time too until i found out how they come off.

Archived