LegacyGT.com

Replace one tire on friends '11 WRX

mass-hole

So my friend was at the dealer and they found a cut/slice in the sidewall and are planning on replacing the tire. He's got 21000 miles on it and I am wondering if he will be ok only having one tire replaced. I dont know how long the tires last on the '11 WRX but I would assume its at least half way through life.

Will he have issues with the AWD system with one new tire.

Thanks!

Tire rack will sell you a shaved tire. I had good luck with them.

Measure tread depth on all three good tires, get an average, specify to them what you want. Use a caliper to measure.:)

They do very accurate shaving.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Is it that important? the subaru dealer doesnt seem to think its a problem and they are just gunna slap a new tire on there.

:rolleyes::eek:

They don't think it is problem, until you make a warranty claim:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

If it was my car I absolutely would not have gone to the dealer or listened to them regarding the tire, or paid $295 for a new oem piece of crap tire, but he is not a car guy so before I freaked him out I wanted to check it out with people who have more experience than me.

I would think that the dealer would have enough experience to know when its safe and when it isnt, maybe the average driver just wouldnt know enough to blame them for their grenaded center diff so they can get away with it.

I had a similar thing happen with my OEM tires at 15k miles. The dealer replaced the tire and had it shaved to match.

The cost was covered by the Subaru pre-paid maintenance plan, hence going to the dealer. If it were out of pocket, I would've just replaced all 4 since the OEM tires are $$$$$.

Archived