LegacyGT.com

HID issues please help

tilldain

I have no low beams on the car noticed that the fuse was blown swapped the fuse a few times blows each time. they are hooked up thru a relay. Checked the ground and power supply all are hooked nice and tight. Tried hooking the bulb up to the direct plug and play would not come on.

I am wondering if blown bulbs or ballast would cause the fuse to blow or if i need to keep searching for my problem.

Bad ballast or bulb could indicate why they are not coming on now. But I want to make sure I order the correct stuff full kit or just bulbs or ballast. Or just some regular bulbs and go away from the HID's

the only thing i have not tried is a set of regular h7s in the slot to see if they work.

Do you have any recommendations? or should i just go with the regular H7's in the factory projector housing?

Problems with aftermarket HIDs, eh? You don't say.

If you want to keep your HID lamps, then post up what bulbs and ballasts you have. If your fuses are blowing, then you either have faulty ballasts or a short somewhere.

That's about as helpful as I can be.

Osram 65w H7 lamps are a safe bet if you want brighter than stock halogens that won't cause problems.

Thank you for the response, i should have updated i decided to get the osrams.

the bulbs are h7 and ddm ballast. after doing a ton of reading on hidplanet.com i may end up doing a retro down the road and doing it the right way.

I never understood the desire for high-intensity, low-beam headlamps.

In the last 8 years I've had my XT, I can think of about two occasions where HIDs may have helped. Been running the 65w Osrams for about 6 years with no complaints, no headaches and no premature burn-outs. (DRL enabled)

Previous owner put them in im assuming.

If its done right with a retrofit to proper hid projector housings and some oem hdis they are unbeatable for light output i have been doing a ton of reading at hidplanet.com. here is a good thread that talks about the differances of the halogen projector and the HID projector. HID vs Halogen Projectors

Archived