LegacyGT.com

Evo Brembo Calipers?

starionesir

I have a set of evo 8 brembo calipers that I was going to install on my gsx but am going to sell the car and was looking to install them on my 06 legacy gt. I did see the fronts can be installed by drilling the spindle bigger to accept the bigger evo bolts but was unsure if I can use the stock gt rotor or have to go with a sti rotor. Also has anyone installed the evo rear calipers or do you need to go with the adapter thats used for the sti rear calipers. Thanks for any info.

AFAIK the Evo Brembos and the STI Brembos are the exact same, save for the bigger bolt on the Evos, so you should be able to use the STI adapter brackets for the rear.

That is obviously not true for the fronts (the EVO's have an external cross-over pipe, the STI's have an internal one).

I'd bet it's somewhat more involved than just drilling different holes. It may require trying to source a rear bracket that has no holes, then taking the car to a machine/automotive shop and having them correctly drill and tap the holes to fit.

And that's assuming the spacing of the rear calipers are the same.

I remember a thread on RS25 where someone put EVO fronts on their car using Spec-B rotors.

Personally, I'd suggest holding out and finding a set of STI Brembos. The prices are coming down some.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Bingo. The internal crossover is part of what makes the Subaru brembos cost more.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sell the EVO calipers and buy STI ones. You'll have less headaches.

The wife will kill me if I put any money into the car right now. So I'm trying to use what I have from the other car on this. To bad the evo 3 16g turbo I have for my talon won't fit the legacy. I think I'm going to take off my aem boost and uego gauges out of my talon as well and put them in the legacy.

Actually it will. Look into Moore Performance. They have a header and up pipe combo that you can bolt a evo style turbo too.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

My turbo is off a evo 3 though so I'm not sure if that setup would work. The evo 3 turbo is a direct bolt on for 1st gen turbo eclipse's and will work on 2nd gen one's with a j-pipe. The one on moores site looks like it is for a twin scroll newer style evo turbo. I will email them just to confirm it though. Thanks for letting me know about that company.

Archived