LegacyGT.com

Strut problems after H-Tech install

nicenlow

I recently installed a set of Tien H-Tech springs onto my 08 LGT with stock struts.(38k miles) After the install I drove the car for about 4-5 days with no problems then I noticed a puddle near the right rear tire which was fluid from my right rear strut. I then started noticing a clunking noise at slow speed over bumps. Strut was bad. I just replaced both rear struts with KYB replacements and drove the car for about 3-4 days and noticed a puddle at the left rear tire which is fluid form the NEW left rear strut. Has anyone had issues with stock struts and H-Tech springs? I chose these springs because of the minimal drop and what I assumed would be an easy upgrade to my car. Now Im battling struts leaking. Please chime in with any similar issues and possible resolutions. I have changed springs before on numerous other vehicles, even subarus, never had this happen. Help?

I've been on H-Techs & Stock struts for over 60k miles now, no issues.

Did you make sure the bump stop is in the right place? If there's no bump stop and you bottom out, then that could lead to a strut/shock failure. Check to make sure all the parts are in the right place. Also, check the mounting cap at the top and make sure there's no movement or cracks in it.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived