LegacyGT.com

120k Too many miles?

Wow, that seems a little high. Do yourself a favor, search autotrader nationwide for 2005 LGT's. There are a lot of them, and you will be able to get a good 'value' for your car at that mileage. I searched for a few weeks. Also, search autotempest.com which allows you to plug in what you want, do distance any, and it will allow you to select a craiglist option which allows you to see every nationwide craigslist ad for your selected year and model.

Why not use the 'value' of the market to try and negotiate a proper price on the vehicle you are looking at. Odds are, at that price, he won't sell it right away. After sitting on it for a week or two, he will be willing to come down. I just bought a 2005 LGT 5 speed (non-limited) for $11,700 with 60k miles (owner originally wanted $14,700). I wasn't sure if I was getting a decent deal or not, but based on the other prices I saw I felt comfortable in paying that. I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

For reference, kbb showed $13,800 RETAIL...$11,800 PRIVATE PARTY...This person is asking dealer prices without the overhead! Also, it may be worth finding a car somewhere for $2k-$3k less and driving it back like everyone is saying! I got lucky and found a local car 30 miles away, otherwise I was looking nation wide.

These cars do tend to command a premium around here. That said I picked up my 5mt wagon for around that price with a lot less miles. I know a lot in kirkland has one with 78k on it listed for 15. I'm pretty sure you could talk them down.

I do hate buying a car with this high of mileage but it's the last year these were made so it's hard to find them with less.

This misinformation needs to be corrected. The car you're looking at was made for another 2 years (2007 was the last year for automatic wagons). I think you're thinking of the manual wagon, that was only sold in 2005.

I would be really worried about someone telling you turbo bushings have been replaced. There aren't any bushings in the turbo. There are bearings though.

As others have said, this is too high a price for an automatic with that many miles on it. Even here in the greater Puget

Sound where these are popular cars.

Cheers!

Nope not The Bosco jr lol but I have been using my screen name since I was like 16. I told him I'm going to keep looking. We don't really want to travel to get a car but I do feel like I can find a better deal. Right now we have an 05 Outback xt sitting in my garage. It's black on black limited with 114k the dealer let me borrow it overnight to check it out at my shop today. It has a lot of little cosmetic things wrong like the center console needs to be replaced. I'm really disappointed in quality of the plastic in the interior Subaru used. The dealer is asking $13100 and after I pointed out some of the cosmetic things it needs they said they would do $11,800. I think if it checks out ok mechanically I will offer them $9500. The funny thing is the Legacy GT with all the mods didn't really feel much faster than the outback.

Archived