LegacyGT.com

Does any body have an extra set of DBA 4000xs rear rotors

august_g

Hi guys, changing out the brakes and I need a set of DBA 4000xs rear rotors. Any body have an Idea of where to find a set?

Few questions to follow:

What is the front to rear braking percentage on the 05 lgt?

Thoughts on different rotors in the front vs the back? Do you you have to run slotted in the front and rear or is the front slotted and rear blanks alright?

What kind of driving?

hawkpadsdirect.com

I have DBA 4000's on the front & centric blanks on the rear. I track my car and do light weekend duty. The wear has been good, although, the DBA 4000's have <1000 miles on them so dont know much it really makes.

Slotted is only useful on the track, and to look good on the street.

The DBA 4000's have temperature indicators on the edge to tell how hot the rotors are getting. If they are always black, you need to sell your car and buy a prius. :-)

Honestly, rotors dont have much effect on your braking ability (140-->60 braking over and over works fine on a stock rotors), you just have them in good condition. Pads are where you need to focus your research energy.

Read the stickies on the first page to learn about braking tech as applicable to Legacy. Get a book on brake technology to learn about it in general.

Archived