LegacyGT.com

Saw a new BMW 328i (f30) in the wild today....

....sharp looking car. Turbo 4-cyl. Considering that it's going to be available in a manual and awd pretty soon, might be a nice next car for some 4th-gen legacy owners who aren't all that interested in the new legacy or impreza.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2012-bmw-328i-vs-2012-audi-a4-20t-2012-infiniti-g25-2012-mercedes-benz-c250-sport-2012-volvo-s60-t6-awd-comparison-tests

last night i helped install an AFE FMIC and dual AFE catless downpipes on a 135i, as well as an accessport OTS stage 2 + fmic map flash.

the car is ******* fast for simple bolt-ons. roasted tires in second

i'd buy one, and you can find one with low mi for well under 30k, that includes 335i's as well. dem turbos.

Yeah that seems to be a trend with direct injection turbocharged engines. Helps that they can run a pretty high static compression ratio even with the boost, so they don't give up a lot of torque on the bottom end. Plus turbocharger technology is better these days so boost can be made over a wider engine and compressor RPM range. BMW is able to take advantage of this with their clean sheet design, and higher price point to pay for all the goodies.

Archived