LegacyGT.com

Turbosmart bpv tapping sound

Just curious recently put in this bpv, bought it used. Whenever I rev the engine (obviously yes the bpv will close) it makes a audible tap or knock sound. Would this be normal for the valve to make or is something possibly wrong? I will post a vid later.

full recirc correct?

I added my TS BPV at the same time in intake and turbo went on... So i dont really know what noise came from where. lol

But under some mild acceleration, as soon as you lift off the gas, it makes a bit of a knock. It sounds like a cough almost. AZP said it was likely the larger wastegate.... But eh - not sure what it is. My buddy with a near similiar build has the same exact noise.

When you hammer on it - its a good ol psssshhhhhhh sneeze though. Can you ever get the sneeze noise? or is it always a knock and a tap?

Have the GFB and does the same thing. Did it all the time, but I took it apart and lubed up

the piston and sleeve and that helped. Haven't paid too much attention to see if it is still

making the noise.

Yes it is a full recirculate, going to take it out and take it apart. At first I thought the engine was knocking whenever I tapped the gas scared the shit out of me lol.

The valve itself makes no noise from in the car, but windows down it I can hear it. Even letting off the gas sounds as quiet is not quieter than the stock valve.

• 1 month later...

I watched my knock sum btw it does definitely pickup that knock it is quite annoying I like the way the bpv reacts definitely closes sooner and I hear less hiss if any at partial throttle where as the stock one would noticeably be hissing! Any ideas? I lubed it with motor oil plus there is PLENTY of blow by going through the valve.

Should I just grease up the piston really well although I don't personally see this being a good idea. I can get a forge one, but I feel bad selling this one. Maybe get a rubber gasket instead of the paper one? ideas ideas... lol

Archived