LegacyGT.com

installed epic springs one side higher any suggestions

darkside

Hey guys installed epics springs w factory shocks and the it drives great but pasenger side sit about half and inch higher. Been on car for over a week and no noises. Are the epics springs left and right specifics. Did i put em on backwards. I know the battery is on the left, maybe the weight drops left side more. ????? any suggsstions.:spin::spin::spi:confused:n:

capture_03.thumb.jpg.fd09e789453733e3e34f96c7b8721a80.jpg

capture_02.thumb.jpg.3de3b6d8f4cfd89ed20283484856d42d.jpg

I presume you know that there are a couple of small holes in the upper perch that face toward the "outside." Other than that, I can't think of anything that wouldn't be visually obvious before assembly (like one spring shorter). Oh, and also presume you have the conical washer in both sides...and installed the same way (bevel up). Wait, are there beveled washers between the tophat & upper perch on a Legacy? :confused:

I'd start with your right front, disassemble, reassemble, then reinstall. There are so few coils in the front springs, the only real option has to be assembly error. I've seen springs that were bound up affect ride height, but that's something that would occur with more coils on the spring found in the rear end of the car.

Archived