LegacyGT.com

2005 GT Clutch Failure

My 2005 2.5 GT Throw-out bearing came apart and destroyed half of the snout of the transmission case. The car has approximately 104,000 miles. I purchased a TSK-3 Repair Kit but, would like to know if anyone has experience with this kit. Specifically: Is using the kit alone sufficient if only half the snout (1 inch) is remaining? Should I have a 1 inch piece welded on? If the kit alone is sufficient, how long will it last before it goes? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I spoke with a metal fabricating company. They said they could Tig or Heliarc weld a one inch piece of aluminum tubing onto the snout. They said they would do the welding over a period of hours to allow the aluminum to cool to protect the case and seals. The cost would be $60 to $100. I planned on using the TSK3 over the built up snout. My intent was to add more support for the TSK3. However, after seeing how the TSK3 fits I opted to go without the welding. I will try to take and post some pics. As to the damage, half the snout (1 inch) was cut off and the rest was chewed up. I was able to sand the snout and get a tight fit for the TSK3 on the remaining piece of the snout. It looks like it should work. What do you think? Any idea how long it should last? Thanks again for the replies. I really appreciate the feedback.

Archived