LegacyGT.com

perrin inlet install help

timbo7

I installed the Perrin Inlet on my 2005 Outback XT today.

The issue is that originally Perrin made a PSP-420 Inlet and now its PSP-421

The original one was made for the legacy and the newer one is now made for the 08 Up WRX.

They are identical with one exception, the BOV port is more toward the front of the car.

Unfortunately perrin quit making the one that fit better on the legacy for the one that fits better on the WRX.

I found out today that the key to putting this on a legacy is to use the WRX BOV tube.

The WRX BOV tube that connects to the inlet has more of a bend in it toward the end where it goes on the inlet port.

That bend, bends more toward the front of the car. This is the reason for the Change in the Perrin Inlet.

I just happened to have a whole 08 UP WRX intake manifold with everything still on it sitting in my garage that I was pulling parts off of.

I took the BOV tube off the WRX inlet/manifold and it fit perfect on my Outback XT with the Perrin Inlet.

So bottom line is to make the Inlet line up better just get a WRX BOV tube and you are good to go.

I installed the Perrin Inlet on my 2005 Outback XT today.

The issue is that originally Perrin made a PSP-420 Inlet and now its PSP-421

The original one was made for the legacy and the newer one is now made for the 08 Up WRX.

They are identical with one exception, the BOV port is more toward the front of the car.

Unfortunately perrin quit making the one that fit better on the legacy for the one that fits better on the WRX.

I found out today that the key to putting this on a legacy is to use the WRX BOV tube.

The WRX BOV tube that connects to the inlet has more of a bend in it toward the end where it goes on the inlet port.

That bend, bends more toward the front of the car. This is the reason for the Change in the Perrin Inlet.

I just happened to have a whole 08 UP WRX intake manifold with everything still on it sitting in my garage that I was pulling parts off of.

I took the BOV tube off the WRX inlet/manifold and it fit perfect on my Outback XT with the Perrin Inlet.

So bottom line is to make the Inlet line up better just get a WRX BOV tube and you are good to go.

Correct and incorrect at the same time.

The 420 inlet was designed around a 05-06 LGT. The 421 is designed around a 07-09 LGT and 08+ WRX.

Because there are FAR more 07-09 LGT and 08+ WRX than just 05-06 LGT, and because it only requires some vacuum line modding on an 05-06 Perrin went to 1 part number/application. Serving the vast majority of customers.

AVO still makes an 05-06 specific inlet tube.

• 4 months later...

Archived