LegacyGT.com

09 legacy 2.5i rear speaker volume problems

Idrivealegacy

Recently I have noticed that the sound coming from the 3 rear speakers (the 2 door speakers and the rear shelf speaker) is lacking. I have tried fading the sound to the rear and it doesn't sound nearly as good as the front speakers do. The rear speakers don't seem to produce low tones as well as the front ones do, but they don't sound like they are blown. My question is how do i fix this problem? Do i have to replace the speakers? Is there anything i can do on my own without replacing the problem speakers, or should i take it to my subaru dealer?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
I've been having the same problem. Not sounding distorted or blown just significantly quieter. I'm taking mine in next Wed to the dealership. They did mention that speakers are only covered for 12 months, so if there is anything wrong its all on me! Guess i'll be upgrading if that's the case :)

The front speakers need to be louder than the rear from a sound stage standpoint. I don't know about the HK setup but my 2.5i oem front speakers were way better quality than the rear.

If it's a big deal, replace all speakers and add an amp :)

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Archived