LegacyGT.com

New to the world of Subaru (98 Legacy SUS)

SUS OWNERS UNITE!

I wasn't as lucky as you guys with mine.

When I bought it, 3 days later I was replacing the headgaskets ( thermostat was rigged to stay open ) and a month later the trans shifted like a dick ( now it won't go into O/D unless I engage cruise @_@ ) - annnnd the heater core went too

c'est la vie

I wasn't as lucky as you think. I bought mine about a month ago and I've already replaced the front passenger half-axle, the alternator, the master power window switch (driver's window didn't work, but the other three did), and the power antenna mast.

I knew about the driver's window not working and the broken antenna mast when I bought it, the other two were surprises.

Also, while I was in there doing the half-axle, I found that the passenger side outer boot on the steering arm is torn, so I have more to do.

All in all though, I'm still pleased with the purchase, and my wife and I both love the car! :)

You can't expect perfection when you buy a 14 year old car with just under 200K miles on it though. We just rolled it over 200K ourselves. Luckily we found one that had the engine rebuilt 30K ago, so we're good to go!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126272&stc=1&d=1345412099

1598631048_2012-08-1316_11_26.thumb.jpg.195cbfe1780632fd02397a6ec2ccb7c6.jpg

Ive replaced axles,power steering pump, steering rack and lines, tie rod ends, motor mounts, front bearings, ball joints, front brakes, all the exhaust, thermostat, rad cap, sun roof quit, 1 of my tires got slashed,new battery, head gaskets and all the expenses with that. I prob got 3500 or more into my legacy not counting the price of the car which was 3k and have not owned it a yr yet. Im sure there is more I left out.

I still could use rear brakes, all four struts, and some better axles.

Yeah, mine only has 93k, the HG job was an $1800 repair ( had a shop do it - they basically replaced all the gaskets in the engine so more or less a new engine )

Trans shifts hard, won't go into O/D so now its a matter of figuring out if its the TCU, or the sensor. Already replaced the alternator.

We have a power antennae? :lol: ( no seriously... I just thought mine pulled out of the A-pillar )

Also have to replace the front left axle ( boot is torn ) but, it still is working, so till it goes :redface:

Archived