LegacyGT.com

ECU code '45' issues

Hey guys, new to this forum but definitely not new to the subaru scene.

Got a '93 legacy turbo stroker build that has been giving me some problems. I've got a thread going over on legacycentral Here

Basically boils down to, ecu cuts fuel the second I hit boost, throws code '45'. I have check and replace everything according to the FSM and I am still having the issue.

No idea what is going on.

Diagnostic Charthttp://www.alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~V276165497~C11757~R0~OB0~P4R0H~N/0/41746052/56620605/56621592/56621594/34853741/96340231/96340248/176614765/171848783/56660097/42353119

TRY TO GO THRU EACH OF THESE STEPS ONE BY ONE. IF NONE OF THIS FIXES IT I'D LEAN TOWARDS THE ECU BEING FAULTY

I did read it. But in my experience its easier to follow a step by step guide then to have 15 ppl giving details on what to do. Reading it confused the hell out of me until I read thru the important post and left out all the ones that did nothing to help his situation.

And i asked about the ECu he was running cuz i doubt that all subaru ECU's have the same pin out (though I havent checked this). So all the steps given may not have helped him any if he's not running the ECU for that MY

You have a good point. And posting that flow chart is doing a great service for anyone who come across this thread, so thanks for that. I should have said that earlier. :) And yes, not all subaru ECUs have the same pinout.

Fortunately he has some very knowledgeable people chiming in on his post. Although not every post fixed his problem, that is not to say that they were not helpful and an earnest attempt to offer a solution, and may be a solution to another person's problem. So let's not discount their contribution.

Archived