LegacyGT.com

Anyone Recommend an Alarm/ Remote Starter Installer?

PeterJMC

Another thing to understand...

If you use the OEM keyfob to initiate the remote start you will be limited to the range of the OEM keyfob itself.

If you use the Viper keyfob you will be limited to the range of the Viper system which my research has led me to understand is possibly 1 mile range depending on the fob and Viper system.

If you use the Smartphone funciton you will be limited to range of cell phone signal on both ends. You could be 1/2 way around the world and remote start your car as long as both ends have sufficient cell signal.

Having a 14 month old I decided to go with the Smartphone functionality so that as I'm leaving a store I can warm-up or cool off my car by the time we get to the vehicle. I have an OEM keyfob with remote start (it's a Toyota and most are very similar) and it's extremely limited in range. For me to remote start my car with the OEM system I had to pretty much be standing 100 feet away. Extremely inconvenient with the 14 month old and a hot/cold car.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, yeah. hahah. They don't really give you anything per-say, but rather give you cheaper prices. When I went I said that Tsunami sent me. When someone else referred me they told me about it and said I'd get x thing for x price instead lol. I never did X thing though lol.

Archived