LegacyGT.com

COBB catback in development?

tocinoman25

So I emailed Cobb Tuning yesterday to see if they had anymore catbacks in stock laying around...and Marshall Glasgow responded promptly..."Unfortunately we do not have a catback for the Legacy GT. We have been working on developing an exhaust for that car but is not quite ready for release."

:spin:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

How well did those Stromung exhausts turn out during the most recent production run?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I don't think they actually do, no.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I really like my Strömung now. I had to have a new mid pipe made for it with an extra Magnaflow muffler in it though to get the drone down to acceptable levels in my wagon. Oh yeah, and the left muffler is slightly off center enough that it melted the very inside of my cutout.

There were worse issues with ill fitment and damage pre-shipping (one of my tips had dents right on the edge) that have yet to be resolved though so their customer service is beyond poor.

I need to get a vid with sound clips up. It's strange but some days it seems louder than others.

Its a rumor. They tell you one thing so you can go out and tell the people on the internet.

10 min later of your posting.... Its on all 100's of subaru forums.

This way they'll have a feeling if they should really make another catback or not.

Did he say any of the following that always applies to Cobb:

1. While of a good quality, it will be overpriced.

2. The same part from another manufacturer of equal or greater quality will cost less.

3. Said part from another manufacturer will be available sooner if not currently available.

4. Said part from another manufacturer will still be available 2 years from now.

5. Sellers will have competitive pricing instead of being forced to sell at outragreous MSRP.

6. They like to make posts about R&D'ing things that we need but instead change their minds to sell short shifters for Mazda 3's.

Agreed on everything. I have an AP and their old short-throw and I like them just fine. I got the AP used and I got theshort throw as the old version that adjusts with all-thread. It works fine and I'm not complaining about either but the reasons for each were that I didn't want to pay Cobb price.

Thats what I was thinking, but on my email I mentioned if they had any more CBE for an 08 legacy gt...and put 2008 on my title and email...We shall see if its true...i emailed again to ensure that its for the 05-09 models and not 5th gens...Im sure he didnt miss the model year since i double posted...

and @chefo.soriano

profile_mask2.png

Marshall Glasgow marshall.glasgow@cobbtuning.com

6:05 PM (2 minutes ago)cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from marshall.glasgow@cobbtuning.com

Yes, the exhaust in development is for the 2005-2009 LGT. I don't believe we have even looked into the 2010-2011 exhausts yet.

Thank you,

Marshall Glasgowcleardot.gif

?ui=2&ik=d41a616741&view=att&th=13776cc410b603e2&attid=0.1.1&disp=thd&zwcobblogo2.jpg

22K View Download

and @chefo.soriano

Archived