LegacyGT.com

Corrosion around center cap

SpideR

Like so many others, my '08GT has corrosion on the wheels that started in the center caps. Due to damage, I'm replacing two wheels. What I'd like to know is how to prevent these new wheels from getting corroded like the old ones. Any suggestions?

• Mega Users

Dont you think you are wasting your money? You drive a Legacy, not a Bentley

Put that money in your kids college funds and deal with the wheels. Sorry for being a douche in advance.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Yeah, that was rather a douche thing to say, though I probably could have been more specific about the damage. The wheels got bent after an impact with a curb, and they are being replaced under insurance. I figured I'd just try to keep them nice, even though they are just Subaru wheels :)

So, anyone have some actual advice?

Yep, this fall i'm going to sandblast and powdercoat all of my wheels black. I'm suffering from minor corrosion on all 4 wheels, and since I know some people with access to the required machines, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying new wheels
I could suck start a snow blower.

Yeah, definitely cleanliness is a must. I'm also thinking that maybe a touch of grease around where the wheel and hub meet might also be helpful. Might keep the two from corroding together?

Archived