LegacyGT.com

Moving to Denver

cholmes1

^ well if the food isnt that great here it speaks well that CO is one of the most "skinny" states in the county. So for all the fatties out there, get off your butt and enjoy the beautiful outdoors that we all love here in Colorado, my .02

Colorado isn't one of, it is the skinniest state in the country. I do believe Colorado is the only state with an obesity rate under 20%. I'm within like 5-10 lbs of what my ideal weight should be for my height, and I look fat compared to just about everyone else here.

We aren't like a top dining hotspot or anything, but there are plenty of good restaurants scattered about.

With public health as my background you are both absolutely correct, in fact I will be helping out the Denver office when I arrive in some of the poorer areas of Denver County regarding healthy food options and general activity assessments.

Colorado not only stands has the fittest state in the U.S., and has for about a decade, but is also one of the most educated and by far and away the most active. However, like anything in life, you do want quality when you choose to spend money whether it be in food or automobiles. So the assumption that everyone who enjoys food is overweight or is in someway unhealthy is not an accurate assessment if that is what you were implying.

Finally, I am not certain how my thread turned from cars to restaurants and food, but as stated above any and all information on the area is appreciated.

Best,

C.H.

Your going to hate denver if your a foodie

I totally disagree. I know of a TON of great restaurants. If you don't know about the good restaurants, you just haven't looked.

^ You are probably right. The cities are pretty densely populated, but my wife and I thought what the hell. Only 2 more people...Shouldn't create too much of a problem.

Now when we invite the other million+ people from Chicago to join us out west then we may have to climb higher into the mountains.

Best,

C.H.

Archived