LegacyGT.com

Switch drls to high beams

jeffao

Is there any way to wire the drls to work on the high beams instead of the low beams like on the newer 4th gen legacies? Mines an '05, and i would like to install an hid kit, but keep the drl function by using the high beams instead of the lows. anyone done this?

Is there any way to wire the drls to work on the high beams instead of the low beams like on the newer 4th gen legacies? Mines an '05, and i would like to install an hid kit, but keep the drl function by using the high beams instead of the lows. anyone done this?

I am in the process of doing that right now just put it on hold till mid June. Anyway I tried just rewiring the DRL kit on the car but it looked like the brights ran at 85-90% witch is a little to bright IMO. So I am working on a kit that will bring them down to 60%. So if you can wait a little I can let everyone know about it.

Well to be honest I traced the wire that illuminates the DRL's on the low to the DRL unit(BROWN WIRE) cut it and just kind rigged a High beam connector to the positive side of it and then just put the ground to the battery. It was pretty bright but you could see the difference between the 2. Not much of a difference from full power though.

• 5 months later...
I will ghetto rigg it up again for you to see. As for my adventure with my DRL kit it did not work out so well. I'm going to get a hold of some people from Canada and see if they can work with me on this. They know what they are doing since they are the number 1 supplier of DRL kits to people importing cars to canada witch has DRL regulations.

Archived