LegacyGT.com

Valve adjusting?

So today I tried to measure my valve shims so I could order new ones but I can't get them out. A guy from another forum said he could use a screwdriver to pry against the buckets instead of the special tool, but I had no luck doing what he did. I know that I could take out the cams but I really dont want to do that. Does anybody have advise on this or the special tool I could rent?

Removing the cam's is not a hard task at all. Well I guess if the timing components are still on the car thing its more work. But not hard. Shit now I know why I should of done them when the heads were off. For got about the timing belt.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TapaTalk 2

I thought that this was a good HG DIY with some good pics of his cams and how he measured the shims: http://home.comcast.net/~skipnospam/Head_gasket_replacement.html

I think he pulled removed the cams though. It's not that hard, I did it on my SS. However, you would need to be a bit more careful removing the rocker assembly since you don't have HLAs. Keep everything in order.

The problem is pushing the buckets down while pulling the shims out. I don't want to pull the cams so maybe I will wait to see if it overheats this summer. The PO said it would overheat and if I have to do headgaskets I will do it at the same time.

Archived