LegacyGT.com

LGT Wagon vs Outback XT

pbajoe

Hello All,

I sold my '05 LGT Wagon last year to get some finances in order and needless to say I miss my Suby Turbo! I'm planning to pick another Suby LGT/XT Turbo up this year. I see quite a few Outback XT's out there for sale. What are some reasons why I would or would not want to buy an XT and hold out for an LGT Wagon? I saw an earlier topic mention the higher ride height of the Outback XT seems to affect the handling a good deal (and not for the better either). Can that be remedied with after market shocks/struts and sway bars? I don't want to get into modding my next one too much but good handling is important.

I appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Joe

If you want a 5MT you need to find an 05 LGT Wagon OR an Outback XT, and the 05 Wagons in 5MT are hard to find! If you're a 5EAT kinda guy then you have 05-07 to choose from on the LGT.

A lot of guys buy the Outback XTs and Lower them, the aesthetics are sometimes preferred due to the widened fenders. Most pieces for the suspension are interchangable I believe, There are reports of noise and clearance issues with some swaybars, though they can be remedied with longer endlinks.

There is a whole outback section in the media galleries of this forum, and A LOT of members have lowered theirs to LGT height. You sould pose your questions to them specifically (after searching).

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/outback-photos-53.html

Archived