LegacyGT.com

wiring diagram for Rear Defrost switch

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i190/sdavidson7014/fog.gif

yea im not too familiar with the power mode set up since i have a 5mt, but the switch should be the same as wiring in any switched component.12v(constant) and 12v(switched) go to power and ground to ground.

so i can use the switch just have to hold it down....guess it is what they call a soft touch switch and i just need to buy a relay to set it up. What im trying to do is to get it to turn on with one push and have a light come on and then off with one push and the light will go off

on the defrost diagram, it looks like pins 2 and 4 are for the illumination light, headlights on.

and pins 3 and 5 complete a circuit when the switch is on. pin 5 is the ground so i would run the wire from the TCU to pin 3 . when you turn the switch on, push it in, the tcu wire will connect to ground . this is what you want.

getting an indicator light is a little more challenging. if you have a 9 V battery and some wire, and a test light you can see what it tskes to light up the illumination and the indicator bulbs.

by the way, these little bulbs are notorious for burning out. if you have a rear defrost switch on your car already and both bulbs work, you might consider testing that one. or swapping them to test your new one.

it doesnt seem like the switch is an on/off switch. but right now if i hold in down, it completes the circuit and changes the shift pattern but once im not pressing the button it goes back to the normal shift pattern. How did you wiring yours up?

1997 lgt.....but i can just go back and get another one later on, it works for now. pushing it down gives me power....its ok this way its is saving me gas not using it all the time haha......now its like a "Hold for Power" button

Archived