LegacyGT.com

sluggish, but no codes.

hey guys, so about a month or so ago, i was having issues with my gt, being real sluggish, and stuttering, at low rpms. once i reached about 3-4 grand it would throw me back in the seat. i changed the plugs, and the problem went away for about 4weeks, but the same problem is back. i have been reading about the injectors going bad, how its not un-common, but i have no codes.....??? any ideas?

ok i got the maf sensor cleaner, and sprayed it on both sides of sensor, generously. it didnt seem to help. i noticed that the center pin on the maf sensor was brownish gold, but it didnt look corroded. is that normal? also the center pin wire was red with blue stripe, going into a gray wire sleave. is that normal?

the iat sensor bulb should be amber in color, it usually becomes black on one side when dirt collects, the more important part is spraying up into the maf tube where the filaments lay. those have a red stripe

• 1 month later...
I don't think it would be the turbo. That doesn't seem to make sense if it is sluggish in low RPM and then when it gets higher throws you back. That sounds like that turbo is working perfectly fine to me. I would do a little more research on those injectors and see what you can find. How many miles do you have?

i have 88k on the car right now. ive heard the yellow top injectors suck, and crap out. but i thought when a injector goes bad its totally stops working. not on and off. when i did the tune up i might have seen some arcing on the two of the four coil packs but im not certain that it was really arcing.

i have 88k on the car right now. ive heard the yellow top injectors suck, and crap out. but i thought when a injector goes bad its totally stops working. not on and off. when i did the tune up i might have seen some arcing on the two of the four coil packs but im not certain that it was really arcing.

If you have arcing I would say you have quite a big problem. I've never heard of arcing in a car before. That sounds like an electrical fire just waiting to happen.

Archived