LegacyGT.com

RedlineGoods Modified Steering Wheel

BAC5.2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
reason i ask is cause the 05-06 wheel looks more like LegacyDan's than the OP wheel.

Also interested in the fitment differences for an 05-06 wheel. I believe the difference is no steering wheel controls. Keep us posted LegacyDan, how that works out for you.

BAC - comment and question. I do like the thumb rests on the 2005 LGT Momo wheel, and I'm not sure that the OB has this, because I can't see it in the picture(s). If it does, how does the extra padding affect this.

Hicksta - Definitely interested in how yours comes out with the PL. Mine's getting a bit long-in-the-tooth (seems Momo's PL is pretty thin) and I notice that the thickening portions of the wheel are starting to work their way loose, so this may be a great "repair" alternative.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
^^^^^ Same question here, and is there a PDF download for install I can see before ordering?

Best bet is to check the Redlinegoods.com website, but last I checked the only install instructions they had were for the shift boot and ebrake boot.

Also interested in the fitment differences for an 05-06 wheel. I believe the difference is no steering wheel controls. Keep us posted LegacyDan, how that works out for you.

According to redline he says they have the pattern. I offered up my wheel as he asked a member to send it it in to prototype. (but he declined) Im not taking the risk in sending my wheel away until i see someones finished 05-06 wheel.

Guys,

We are experiencing a bit if a traffic jam with steering wheels here :( LegacyDan - your wheel will be shipped this week, sorry for the delay.

To all interested - here's what we already have the template for:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8005/7246248862_00fbb86c91_b.jpg

The wheel itself looks a bit different to LegacyDan's but it seems the sizes are all the same so we already have the template :)

Take care

Jack

RedlineGoods Team

To all interested - here's what we already have the template for:

The wheel itself looks a bit different to LegacyDan's but it seems the sizes are all the same so we already have the template :)

This pic looks pretty right to me. It's a little dark for all the detail, but I think that looks pretty close to the 05 wheel. One question though ... in Bac's pics, there's a few fairly obvious seams (other than the interior ring, I mean). I don't see them in the above pic. Is it just the darkness or is it truly one piece of leather?

The OEM Momo wheel appears to be wrapped in a few separate pieces of leather that are glued and stitched together, if I'm not mistaken. Are you using a different "pattern" for the same "template"?

Archived