LegacyGT.com

05 LGT codes help

In guessing they replaced the inlet hose. They can tear and leak over time. In terms of idle you want about -8psi or -18 to -20inhg. If you dont have that it usually indicates a large air leak somewhere since the intake and manifold system is not air tight. Air being sucked in will lessen the amount of vacuum inside the manifold cause rough idle, slow boost build, and rich(slightly) afr.

If you have inadequate cylinder compression it can mimic a rough idle and low vac. Typically there are other tell tale signs of this issue though, like oil consumption, oil in the intercooler, smoke and air puffing out of the oil fill cap at idle. Air should puff out the oil cap but if its smokey looking like a locomotive, then no thats not right. Ask me how i know.

• 2 weeks later...
OK for anyone interested in the outcome...fiddled around with coils, plugs, wiring etc, did compression test, within 10 psi on cheap chinese made tester, reset cel numerous times then as a last ditch effort to nail it down to one thing or another I swapped #2 and 4 injectors. both looked the same, not much to see but no obvious sign that anything was wrong. I had hoped the trouble would follow the injector to #2 but instead it went away altogether. My guess is the connectors were slightly corroded and removing and replacing them made better connection. It's weird but I'm thankfull it's over until the next time. Thanks for all your help.

Archived