LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light Issue?

I think I paid like 125$ for the o2 sensor and a lax 30 minute swap. This site is generally good for helpful information and people are generally helpful. Hope next time things work out cheaper for you. At least it is fixed, that has to be a plus!

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, so last week the check engine light came on again, same situation as last time... I called subaru and told them it was ridiculous for the light to come back on less than a week after having it back and was told it was "fixed" and asked for them to look at it at no charge, which the agreed to. I said I wanted a call from them to tell me the codes it was pulling this time and what they needed to do before they moved any further. After looking at it, they're now telling me it is the rear 02 sensor that has gone bad and it is not uncommon for the front and rear to go bad at the same time. Right now the car is just sitting, I haven't told them what to do and I was just hoping for some recomendations as to what you guys would do in this situation, they are saying it will be another $329 to replace the sensor. So with little experience in this area, is that an ieasy plug and play fix or much more complex?

• I Donated

Ah, yes, good ol' P2096. :lol:

This is almost certainly an issue with your tune. Very unlikely that swapping parts will solve it. Contact Infamous1, since he tuned the car originally, or just disable to code using RomRaider.

• I Donated

The first time I got tuned, I got lazy and just disabled P2096. :lol:

This time I'm not finished my tune yet, but because I can't log pulls to redline until I finish the breakin period on my new pistons, I disabled P2096 again.

• 1 month later...
My stock 08 just threw this code, so it may not have anything to do with the tune. I think I've had this code before, but can't be sure; I didn't have a reader at the time and it was still under warranty so the dealership just fixed it. They did mention something about replacing a sensor, I would have to find the receipt. I realize you have probably figured something out by now, but thought I'd throw it out there

Archived