LegacyGT.com

2015 mustang rendering and inf0

from http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/05/future-vehicles-2015-ford-mustang.html

Another big change will arrive out back. After years of making the most of the Mustang's straight axle rear end, the Mustang will finally move to an independent setup. This will go down much better with European customers who are used to the precise feel of fully independent rear suspension setups. It will still do just fine on the drag strip, though, along with improved manners at tracks with turns.

There will be less drastic changes under the hood as most of the current Mustang's offerings will likely carryover, at least initially. Ford may eventually switch the Mustang's base engine to a turbocharged four-cylinder that delivers better mileage and nearly the same horsepower as the current V6. From there, the current 5.0 V8 will remain in place so the Mustang's performance credentials are in good hands.

Expect to see the official unveil of the 50th Anniversary Ford Mustang at the 2014 New York Auto Show

its starting to look good to me finally. 5.0L V8, IRS(about fucking time) and hopefully they keep the weight down around 3500lbs or less and i just might get one.

not a bad move on ford's part. the 03 cobra, imo, was the best mustang ever built. drove comfortably, looked nice, and was an absolute terror on the track. back in my 240 days, there were a few of them w/ little modification aside from tires and they were fast. really fast.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

The 03/04 cobras also known as terminators were badass because of there engine. Supercharged with forged internals and heads that flow amazing. You could slap a kenne bell on it upgrade the fuel system and make 700-800whp without any engine mods.

The IRS in the 03/04 cobra was a joke though and anyone who made power swapped in a live axle or replaced half shafts every other weekend. Hopefulyl this time around they do a better job with the IRS instead of designing a IRS system around the mustangs stock bolt up locations.

The 2015 picture looks like ford is taking styling tips from Aston.

I like the performance and exterior styling of the current Mustangs.

I just can't get past the interior. Barf!

As bad as it is its worlds better than the previous gens. You have to go all the way back to the early 70s for me to find a mustang interior I like. With the round guages and wood trim, looks classy.

Not sure if rendering is srs :confused::confused::confused::confused:

IMO no rendering is serious, I always wait until they actually release pictures of the real production model before going around saying look at what this car looks like.

Thank Jebus. That retro look needs to be killed with fire. Not that it is bad, it is just so played out.

So is the Aston martin look IMO, the aston line up has it and now some of the jaguars do to. And now ford

It doesn't look that bad, but it also doesn't look that good.

That said, if they reduce weight, add more handling, and keep the new 5.0L V8 I'd be interested. Interior improvements would be nice, but I don't expect it to be a luxury car.

The IRS in the 03/04 cobra was a joke though and anyone who made power swapped in a live axle or replaced half shafts every other weekend. Hopefulyl this time around they do a better job with the IRS instead of designing a IRS system around the mustangs stock bolt up locations.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered this. Hopefully Ford does a MUCH better job on this if/when they try it again.

Archived