LegacyGT.com

Can anyone figure out what happened?

So i installed my lip today and then on my way home the car was losing power at around 2.5k RPMs and i just heard a loud hiss. If i powered through it and got the car to around 3.2k RPMs I regained power and I could feel the turbo kick in.

I thought it was a hose but couldnt find anything. As I was babying it home i heard a loud scrape and the fender lining started dragging so i pulled over and ripped the fender liner out.

Heres where it gets good, after pulling the fender lining the car drove normally, like nothing ever happened. I am beyond confused.....Anything think they know WTF happened?

If the fender liner was rubbing enough to slow your car, it must have a GIANT wear spot on it from whatever it was rubbing. If not, that's not your problem. Can you list all of your intake/engine/exhaust mods please?

If the fender liner was rubbing enough to slow your car, it must have a GIANT wear spot on it from whatever it was rubbing. If not, that's not your problem. Can you list all of your intake/engine/exhaust mods please?

STI uppipe/Invidia catless downpide, K&N drop in filter, Cobb OTS Stage 2

...If i powered through it...

That's a great way to blow a motor.

Never "power through" a running problem.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That's a great way to blow a motor.

Never "power through" a running problem.

ya that was very dumb, I was just so annoyed i thought I could pray the problem away lol.

Archived