LegacyGT.com

Nav Reset After Jump Start - 2010 LegacyGT

Hey everyone-

I just had to jump start my car (I left my interior lights on after leaving it in long term parking) and now my DVD/Navigation system needs to be reset. I want to avoid taking it to a dealer as there isn't one located very close to my home.

I gave Subaru of America a call and all they could tell me was to check my owners manuals....as if that wasn't the first thing I thought of :rtfm:

Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks!

Tim

Edit: I tried pushing the tiny reset button behind the DVD faceplate, but my screen still has this same image:

http://s16.postimage.org/yo1kmdiu9/IMAG0736.jpg

Yes- I have tried ejecting/inserting the disc a few times and it still gives me this message. When I start the car up, it doesn't cycle through the normal subaru logo startup screen either...just straight to this message.

• 2 years later...

My Outbacks navigation has exactly the same problem after the battery was disconnected during a repair.

I have tried pressing the reset buttom and loading the DVD several times but still get the same screen as displayed in the originators message which states "No DVD. Please insert map DVD".

Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the negative lead of the battery to reset the cars electronics as suggested and did this work or did you find another solution? I would be grateful if you could let me know.....Thanks!!

Thanks but this doesn't look like the same problem. Ours was caused by the battery being disconnected during an engine repair. It wasn't due to shifting the car in and out of reverse quickly. Basically the Nav screen now just shows the screen included in the original message in this thread. loading and unloading a map disc makes no difference as it does not seem to read them. Nothing seems to happen the same screen is continuously shown. Reset button does not work either, just get the same screen showing "No DVD, Please insert map DVD"

Has any tried disconnecting the battery again to reset the car electronics or found another solution? Thanks!

Apologies for not closing out this thread (I feel like such a bad member ).

I figured out that all you have to do is insert a map disc from another region and the unit does a software reset to clear the error. Wish I had known that prior to tearing apart my entire dashboard to disconnect all the wiring behind the unit (which doesn’t work by the way)….but at least I learned more about my car!

Hope this works for you too.

Thanks but this doesn't look like the same problem. Ours was caused by the battery being disconnected during an engine repair. It wasn't due to shifting the car in and out of reverse quickly.

Read the second photo I posted again. It states that if the update was applied to your car, then it needs to be applied again if the battery is disconnected. Said update could've been applied to your car before you even bought it.

Note: If at any time the positive (+) or negative (-) battery cable is disconnected; the update procedure will need to be performed AGAIN going forward.

Sounds like if you keep disconnecting the battery you're just back to the beginning of the problem again.

There is an ISO of the update disc included in the 2010 vacation pics. Probably worth a shot to at least try.

Also probably worth trying another map disc too as The Jettawagon suggested. Both of those options are cheaper/easier than going to the dealership.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. So I put in a disc from another region as suggested and pressed the tiny reset button and the sat nav booted up again. Such a simple solution really and very surprising none of the dealers I asked new of it or suggested it.

Thanks again.

Problem is my 2009 Subaru Outback has the intermittent not starting problem back. It has push button start and every few days now it just won't start. After a while it starts and works ok for a few days then the problem recurs. I have had the key batteries replaced and recoded and the ignition control relay replaced (just a fuse I believe) but just a few weeks later the problem is back. Anyone else had this problem and did you get it resolved? If so how?

Thanks

• 3 years later...
I didn't realize there was a navigation box under the seat. Is that where the reset is? Because like I said I cant find a reset and I can't get the DVD out. And it's very sad that Subaru has no answers.

Archived