LegacyGT.com

Got a new axle installed as a result of a torn Cv boot...and now rough idle

I didn't know what surging was until yesterday but after I went out for a cruise with a few friends of mine I definitely noticed the car surging. Forgot to repost here.

I really can't see it NOT being the front O2 at this point. O2 sensors can be as fragile as light bulbs. If they banged it, or removed it to change the axle it could definitely disturb it and cause it to malfunction.

I just replaced mine maybe 6 weeks ago after a header install due to this issue.

This is the part number for the front o2 for 05-07: 22641AA32A

Fred Beans has the cheapest price between themselves, Cherry Hill, and Prestige.

And you'll definitely want an o2 socket if you don't have one. They are ridiculous to get out without one.

I still have a rough idle, even after changing the air filter and disconnecting the battery. But if I shift into Neutral when stopped at a stop sign or red light, its smooth as butter.

Had my front-right drive shaft replaced in Dec 2009, also had a torn boot that was leaking grease. Seems like I'm not the only person that's had this issue with an aftermarket drive shaft.

edit: Is it affecting your MPG? I usually get ~18MPG, though I do a lot of stop & go driving.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I don't think it has affected my gas mileage, still averaging 17mpg. However, like you suggested, neutral is smooth as butter. I'll probably replace my front 02 sensor this weekend and see what happens.

Archived